Eat. Travel. Blog. Repeat.

The easiest way to browse is the Food Maps

Rummage Erin's Fridge


Monday, May 14, 2012

Oh Canada?

My friends South of the border agreed for some foodie things from Canada. In the past, I've flown with smoked salmon, ice wine, and maple syrup. I have yet to discover the art of flying down a poutine (short of bringing Quebec cheese curds, PEI potatoes and Alberta beef gravy, then going to town in someones kitchen*).

This time the request was a little different:

Which fit surprisingly well in my suitcase!

In the Canadian Junk Food Round Up we got:

  • Coffee Crisp
  • Smarties
  • Aero Bars
  • Ketchup Chips
  • Spicy Ketchup Chips
  • All Dressed Chips
  • Dill Pickle Chips
  • Tikka Masala Chips


I'm sure that a few of the flavours (most likely the dill and the all-dressed) are available in some locations of the US, but they hadn't heard of them so I brought them down to try :-).

What else should I bring my snack-loving Southerners?

Only one exploded in my suitcase, leaving my rain jacket smelling oh so sweetly of dill pickles. Very attractive.

*not a terrible idea, eh?
posted from Bloggeroid

3 comments:

Mary said...

Ketchup chips seems to be a biggest one that my friends south of the border complain about not having. From what I recall they also don't have Glosettes.

You should bring them a poutine :P

Erin said...

I really should :) Shouldn't be hard to bring over the curds and gravy!

Unknown said...

Americans have those crummy Rockets (the sugary halloween candy we throw away in favour of chocolate) called Smarties. Minds are forever blown when they realize what they've been missing out on.

Post a Comment