Eat. Travel. Blog. Repeat.

The easiest way to browse is the Food Maps

Rummage Erin's Fridge


Saturday, May 19, 2012

Madrid :: Jamón ibérico desayuno

IMG_1497
Not a bad breakfast.
I know I know. I’m supposed to be behaving – not giving the old I’m travelling! excuse when indulging. But I couldn’t help myself when I spotted legs upon legs of beautiful Iberian ham hanging from the window…My time here is short and this is definitely on my must-have list, so I didn't want to wait!

IMG_1496
Add some warm, crusty bread with sesame-flavoured breadsticky bits, and you have a happy Canuck :-) Perfect after a full day of wine, exploring, lots and lots of tasting, finished by a night of rock barring - promise to write more about it soon :-)

I’m somewhat ashamed to say that I went in thinking that I’d only eat half and save the other half for later, but discipline was thrown out the window the second I started on the salty goodness. This was a random find on Paseo de la Castellana in a little place called Más Jamón. They knew no English, but luckily pointing at a giant leg of ham then your stomach is pretty universal.

Now I'm off for tapas and more dancing*!

*or what I like to call dancing, anyway

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

Companera! So happy to see you're writing again :) Hope you are indulging yourself in many enjoyable experiences !

Post a Comment