Eat. Travel. Blog. Repeat.

The easiest way to browse is the Food Maps

Rummage Erin's Fridge


Tuesday, August 2, 2011

Toronto :: O & B, Oh & Bah

OBCanteen-3
OBCanteen-1
Having enjoyed Canoe, Auberge du Pommier, Luma, and Canteen, I have been a fan of O&B for quite some time. While I’m not so hot on Jump Cafe, I like how O&B has a good range of spots, especially in the downtown core.

I liked my breakfast buttie at Canteen before my epic Oceania Adventure, so I did not hesitate to return for dinner. Oh, how I wish I had…it was a surprisingly disappointing experience.









Sen5esO&B Canteen
Verdict: Good breakfast, bad dinner
Meal: Dinner
Location: 330 King Street, Toronto

The French Onion Soup was disappointingly watery and flavourless and the gnocchi’s texture was awful and swimming in yuck. Gnocchi fans, definitely stay away – try Woodlot instead! They also have a French Onion soup on their menu, which I’ve heard is quite good,

I ordered a Beef Brisket Sandwich, served on a buttery croissant with havarti and sauerkraut.
OBCanteen-2
It was aight but nothing special, I wasn’t expecting to be blown away since O&B isn’t known for their brisket. However,I was quite glad that I ordered a sandwich and not one of their pizzas or pasta dishes...mediocre is better than terrible.

We tried a dessert, since we had a chocolate craving. The chocolate brownie was served with a scoop of vanilla ice cream:
OBCanteen-4
We didn’t bother finishing it. Sorry O&B Canteen…I like your breakfast butties, but not a fan of your dinner!

O&B Canteen on Urbanspoon

0 comments:

Post a Comment