Eat. Travel. Blog. Repeat.

The easiest way to browse is the Food Maps

Rummage Erin's Fridge


Wednesday, February 23, 2011

Banh Cuon Thanh Truc :: Vietnamese Brunch...part deux!

Bahn Cuon Thanh Tri #2

After the trip to Phoga Banh Cuon  I found myself at Banh Cuon Thanh Truc to compare the Banh Uot Cha Lua Banh Con (I had to stare at that for a moment - seriously, there is no way I can recite that from memory). They're quite close to each other, and I was looking forward to my second Bahn Cuon Thanh Tri (!! Vietnamese is hard) experience.
<> 
Banh Cuon Thanh Truc
Verdict: Skip - stick to Phoga Banh Cuon for Vietnamese brunch
Meal: Brunch

Price: ~$6

Banh Uot Cha Lua Banh Cong
Special steamed rice flour rolls with Vietnamese sausage & cup cake
The "cup cake" was actually kind of gross - it was mushy and uncooked. I tried to eat the outer layer, but I stopped bothering after a few bites. I also prefer the ham at Phoga Banh Cuon.
 
However, the noodle was better here, as it just tasted fresher and had a nicer texture. They also had better greens - spinach and carrots rather than iceberg lettuce. Both came with a little cup of tasty, chopped up peppers.

Overall I say that Bahn Cuon Thanh Tri does a better Banh Cuon Lua Banh Cong dish. If I could swap Phoga Banh Cuon's noodle and greens with Banh Cuon's then I'd have the best Vietnamese brunch yet (keeping in mind that my sample pool is...well...limited to those two).

I still have no idea how to pronounce any of this. It's a good thing that I don't do video food blogs because it'd be epic fail. However, a friend did ask me to make a video on how to peel a mango...and I do like fulfilling foodie post requests...so maybe one day. Probably not. I kind of hate the sound of my own voice on camera.


Banh Cuon Thanh Truc
Verdict: Skip - stick to Phoga Banh Cuon for Vietnamese brunch
Meal: Brunch

Price: ~$6
Banh Cuon Thanh Truc on Urbanspoon

0 comments:

Post a Comment