Eat. Travel. Blog. Repeat.

The easiest way to browse is the Food Maps

Rummage Erin's Fridge


Tuesday, November 16, 2010

Caribbean Queen of Patties :: Midnight Snacks

It didn't take long for me to crack - Jamaican Patty Time!

After we shared a really disappointing experience at Ackee Tree, my friend asked me where she could pick up a box of tasty patties. I, this post is for you!


Caribbean Queen of Patties
Verdict: Go! Best Jamaican patty yet.
Meal: Snack
Price: $2-3?

Queen of Patties indeed. She has been around for over 7 years and people are still going well out of their way for her tasty patties! She also offers curry goat, oxtail, jerk chicken, stew beef, curry chicken, red snapper, king fish, and roti.

Quite the contrast from Ackee Tree...check out how puffy they are:

Located in Bloordale Village, it's a hidden gem and you can pick up a nice box of patties to enjoy for a long time. While you're at it, go ahead and greedily rip into one before you step back into your car:
Mmm...best enjoyed fresh on the trunk of a car

Their spicy beef is so good. Meaty, filling, and a little on the moist side which I enjoyed. The pastry was flaky and fresh! Win!

They reheat very well: Pop them in toaster oven at 350F for about 10 minutes:
Perfect midnight snack!

 These have been great quick and filling treats. Yum yum yum.


Caribbean Queen of Patties
Verdict: Go! Best Jamaican patty yet.
Meal: Snack
Price: $2-3?



Who sears rib-eye at midnight?
 I DO
Caribbean Queen of Patties on Urbanspoon

8 comments:

Div said...

Omg I am craving one now ...
lol I can't wait to be back in Toronto next week ...

Erin said...

Aw when next week? I'm leaving the country on the 22nd

Carolyn Jung said...

Oh my gosh, it's been ages since I've had a jerk patty. I LOVE those. I mean, who wouldn't love a pastry pie stuffed with a spicy meat filling. I'm salivating just thinking about it.

Div said...

I saw that you are going to Australlia ... I hope its not for good ... Is it just a vacation??
I will be back in for 4 days in Nov, and then 2 days in Dec ... I miss Toronto :(

Erin said...

Yes, vacation! You'll just miss me 'cause I'm leaving on Wednesday :(

Clifford Mark said...

Must now try. I always see Caribbean Queen of Patties going south on Lansdowne. Thanks for the tip.

Clifford Mark said...

Must now try. I always see Caribbean Queen of Patties going south on Lansdowne. Thanks for the tip.

Galine said...

Just wanted to say I finally went here yesterday! Georgina (the owner) is beyond sweet! I went in before shopping and asked her if I should pre-order a box of patties or come back later. She gave us her phone number and told us to call when we were heading back to her shop, and that she would make them fresh for us! They came out hot and delicious! Never have I had a fresh beef patty before. It was AMAZING! And the flaky delicious dough, oh my, soooo yummy...not to mention the delicious meat, which there's a lot of!

And I love that when I asked her "Are your beef patties spicy, not spicy...?" She said "They're TASTY" They really are :)

So thank you so much for sharing this place with us! I will definitely be going back again and again!

Oh and to anyone else who reads this: A box of 12 patties is 10.99! What a steal!

Post a Comment