Eat. Travel. Blog. Repeat.

The easiest way to browse is the Food Maps

Rummage Erin's Fridge


Wednesday, October 27, 2010

Le Gourmand :: Chocolate Cookie Crusade #7

Le Gourmand is finally back...Just in time for Cookie Wednesdays!

When Le Gourmand re-opened, I was eager to take Compañero de Galletas for one of their cookies. We popped in and the selection of baked goods was even better than I remembered! Mini lava cakes, apple crumble, little chocolate cakes, cookies galore...oh my!

We hopped over to the cookies, pressed our greedy little faces against the glass pane and made our picks.


Le Gourmand
Verdict:  In the lead! My all-time favourite
Meal: Cookie Run (Chocolate Cookie Crusade Series)

Price: $2 + tax & tip
Location: 438 Richmond St W Toronto, ON


Chocolate and Cookies Galore!
We decided on two cookies: One that looked like a muffin top ("It's a cookie", the employee insisted, but I was skeptical) and a classic walnut-chocolate chip cookie.

Let's start with Compañero de Galletas' choice, one of the muffin-toppy cookies...


Chocolate Chip "Cookie"
Chocolate Chip Cake

This was more cake-y than cookie-ish. I will keep calling it a muffin top because of the aerated consistency. There weren't as many chocolate chips, but I bet it'd be great with some blueberries. Kind of like a blueberry-chocolate chip muffin, enjoyed best for breakfast.



Chocolate Chip Walnut Cookie
WIN!


Oh my chocolate-y goodness. This finally solved my intense craving for a great chocolate chippy cookie. The chocolate chips were generous and on the verge of melting. Great bits of walnuts here and there, and the texture and thickness was perfect! Warm, fresh, this melted right down to my cookie-loving soul. Compañero agreed that this was the clear winner out of the two...and all of our cookie runs.



Best Chocolate Chip Cookie!


Le Gourmand will be my go-to cookie hit from now on! I'll keep trying cookies, but I think that the hunt has led me to a winner. Both cookies were fresh and the chocolate chips were gooey which is how great cookies should be! We also loved how thick the cookies are, and flipped them over to show you:


They have a few tables for lunch and coffee breaks:

They also have a huge selection of spices, coffee beans, and tea. I'm not a huge coffee-drinker, but one of the monstrous bags of Chai tea or coffee would be an interesting gift:
Giant bags of tea & coffee!

A bit of a personal aside... 
I am sad to report that my Compañero de Galletas is moving away. In fact, I'm heading out the door right now for our last brekkie-date and we don't know if we'll have time for another cookie-run! Perhaps it was fitting that this was the best cookie to date? Or fortuitous?

We are heading to Lady Marmalade because they do a breakfast poutine, and he wanted something Canadian - here's hoping that it's worthy. And I'm hoping even harder that we will see each other soon. I'll miss you Compañero =). Safe journeys. Cookie runs won't be the same without you. ♥

Le Gourmand
Verdict:  In the lead! My all-time favourite
Meal: Cookie Run (Chocolate Cookie Crusade Series)

Price: $2 + tax & tip

Location: 438 Richmond St W Toronto, ON



Chocolate Cookie Crusade Series (Oct 27)
Wanda's Pie in the Sky
Fully Loaded Cookie
Yum! 2nd place
Orange Alert, $2.19
Crazy Cookie
Not so crazy about it



Sage Café
Chocolate Chip Cookie
Nice chocolate chunks, good crunchy cookie if that's what you want.
Tim Horton's Smile Cookie, $1
Chocolate Smile Cookie for SickKids
Warm, soft, proceeds for worthy charity, good for the soul




Little Nicky's Coffee $2
Chocolate Chip Cookie
Sweeter, crispier cookie
Te Aro, $1.60
  Chocolate Chip Sea Salt Cookie
Just liked the sea salt addition.



Le Gourmand, $2 + tax & tip
  Walnut Chocolate Chip
Win Win WIN!!!

Le Gourmand on Urbanspoon

3 comments:

Leslie-Anne said...

so glad to hear they are back! yum.

Karen Ling said...

best cookie EVER!!!

Leslie-Anne said...

so glad to hear they are back! yum.

Post a Comment