Eat. Travel. Blog. Repeat.

The easiest way to browse is the Food Maps

Rummage Erin's Fridge


Monday, September 27, 2010

Wanda's Pie in the Sky :: Dessert


Pies, Pies, PIES! Sour Cherry is my favourite!

Who doesn't love Pecan Pie?

Today, I have a strong craving for pie. It is probably the delicious croissant that I had yesterday from Beast (pictures to come!) but man. I've been thinking of pie ever since.

Wanda's Pie in the Sky
Verdict: Sour Cherry Pie Win! A little pricey...
Meal: Dessert

Price: ~$6 / slice
Location: 287 Augusta Ave, Toronto




The blueberry pie was not bad - but I've certainly had better. Although they used wild blueberries, it lacked the intense berry flavour that I've had at other places - perhaps it wasn't a good batch?

The sour cherry pie was by far the best out of the three. I loved it! Yum! If I had to recommend just one pie, this would be it!

This was my first-ever tasting of pumpkin pie - I must say that I was disappointed after all of the hype! However, my friend insisted that it was simply not a good version of pumpkin pie so perhaps I'll give it a go elsewhere. Or I'll stick to my current addiction...Kashi granola bars. ...They're so good. I've tried every single flavour...!

Is it wrong that I prefer it in granola-bar form?


Wanda's Pie in the Sky
Verdict: Sour Cherry Pie Win! A little pricey...
Meal: Dessert

Price: ~$6 / slice

I really really want a good slice of cinnamon-y homemade apple pie. I wish the apple farm on Mayfield Road in Brampton didn't close. They made the best pie in the world...

Also, try their fully loaded cookie!

Wanda's Pie in the Sky
Verdict: Fully loaded cookie win, Choc O'Rama cookie runner-up
Meal:
Cookie Run (Chocolate Cookie Crusade Series)
Price: ~$2.25 + tax (I can't remember exactly)
Location: 287 Augusta Ave, Toronto

9 comments:

Chris (tinytines.com) said...

Never had sour cherry pie before!!! Very very interested... I'm not a fan of pumpkin pie either.

Anonymous said...

no tasting of the apple pie??

Erin said...

I finally had a good slice of pumpkin pie this weekend. Well I had 3 slices, but only 1 was good! It was homemade - so no good store-bought pies yet.

No apple pie...I need to make a special trip to Caledon for my favourite apple pie soon...I had an apple streusel yesterday...not the same

Karen Ling said...

hey Erin know anywhere that sells sweet potato pie...been craving for it but just can't find it...the only place i was able to find is at st lawrence market...also i checked wanda's and they might have it in the autumn season but that's just about it

Erin said...

I've actually never seen them make a sweet potato pie! However, as I was disappointed with their pumpkin pie, I'd be skeptical about their squashy-treats. Hmmm...

Karen Ling said...

why is it sooo hard to find?

i just want a sweet potato pie lol

Karen Ling said...

why is it sooo hard to find?

i just want a sweet potato pie lol

Karen Ling said...

hey Erin know anywhere that sells sweet potato pie...been craving for it but just can't find it...the only place i was able to find is at st lawrence market...also i checked wanda's and they might have it in the autumn season but that's just about it

Chris (tinytines.com) said...

Never had sour cherry pie before!!! Very very interested... I'm not a fan of pumpkin pie either.

Post a Comment