Eat. Travel. Blog. Repeat.

The easiest way to browse is the Food Maps

Rummage Erin's Fridge


Wednesday, September 15, 2010

Wanda's Pie in the Sky :: Chocolate Cookie Crusade #2

After the disappointing "Crazy Cookie" from Orange Alert, I was left craving a good, fresh chocolate chip cookie. So for this crusade, I am looking for the best chocolate chip cookie for my breaks. The cookie must be:
  1. Made in-house
  2. Have chocolate chips
  3. Within the downtown core
To keep it fair, I'll try to stick to cookies with the traditional cookie-dough, but no guarantees! My sweet tooth will dictate my choices. So I called up my CompaƱero de Galletas and we headed off to Kensington Market for a cookie. Ridiculous? Maybe, but I am carefree and shameless about my love for cookies. Plus, I know you'll think of this when you're in the area and want a cookie!


Wanda's Pie in the Sky
Verdict: Fully loaded cookie win, Choc O'Rama cookie runner-up
Meal:
Cookie Run (Chocolate Cookie Crusade Series)
Price: ~$2.25 + tax (I can't remember exactly)
Location: 287 Augusta Ave, Toronto







After some good pie experiences, I decided to hit Wanda's Pie in the Sky with some good faith in their baked goods. I love sitting out on the patio with a slice of sour cherry pie, perfect for a lazy weekend afternoon with friends or a book.

Outside, Interior, and PIES!

Before this, I never actually tried one of their non-pie goods. Although mouthwatering every time I see them, I always zoom in for a slice of pie.

Pastries & Cookies


Choc O'Rama
Triple chocolate cookie

I didn't learn my lesson from Orange Alert. I told the barista that I wanted a really chocolatey-good cookie, and even though the Fully Loaded Cookie looked better, she insisted that I'd like the Choc O'Rama more. 

It was thin and crispy, but too sweet for my taste  - probably from the white chocolate chips. While better than Orange Alert, I wouldn't get it again. And I will listen to my instinct when it comes to cookies!



 



Undeterred, I trotted back in and ordered the Fully Loaded Cookie. This time, I got the Fully Loaded Cookie and this was a cookie win!


Fully Loaded Cookie
Chocolate chips & pecans


 The Fully Loaded Cookie was soft, but not limp, pecans fresh, and the chocolate chips on the verge of melting - just the way I like it. When the chocolate chips are nice and soft, it's a sign of a good, fresh cookie.

Even though the Choc O'Rama cookie was a "triple chocolate cookie" there were less chips - so this was actually more "rama" in this!

I should note, however, that the CompaƱero de Galletas preferred the Choc O'Rama cookie...but I liked the soft, chocolate-y, pecan-y goodness of my Fully Loaded Cookie. And it's my hunt so I declare it the leader!

So far, Wanda's Pie in the Sky's Fully Loaded Cookie is in the lead!


Wanda's Pie in the Sky
Verdict: Fully loaded cookie win, Choc O'Rama cookie runner-up
Meal:
Cookie Run (Chocolate Cookie Crusade Series)
Price: ~$2.25 + tax (I can't remember exactly)
Location: 287 Augusta Ave, Toronto






Also, check out their pies:
Verdict: Sour Cherry Pie Win! A little pricey...
Meal: Dessert
Price: ~$6 / slice


Chocolate Chip Cookie Crusade Results (Sept 15 2010)

Wanda's Pie in the Sky
Fully Loaded Cookie
Yum!
Orange Alert, $2.19
Crazy Cookie
Not so crazy about it


Click here to check for updates
Click here to see all Chocolate Cookie Crusade posts





Wanda's Pie in the Sky on Urbanspoon

5 comments:

Me ... said...

Aww now I want a cookie ...
A fresh baked warm cookie ... that crubles as you bite it ...

Chris (tinytines.com) said...

Is it bad that I actually just really like Mrs. Fields chocolate chip cookies? ...

dundundun, obviously I need to be educated.

Erin said...

I think that it's worse that I've never tried Mrs. Fields! It's so popular, and I saw them everywhere in the HK train stations. I should really put them on my crusade list...afterall, a good cookie is a good cookie!

Erin said...

I think that it's worse that I've never tried Mrs. Fields! It's so popular, and I saw them everywhere in the HK train stations. I should really put them on my crusade list...afterall, a good cookie is a good cookie!

Me ... said...

Aww now I want a cookie ...
A fresh baked warm cookie ... that crubles as you bite it ...

Post a Comment