Eat. Travel. Blog. Repeat.

The easiest way to browse is the Food Maps

Rummage Erin's Fridge


Thursday, September 23, 2010

Smile for SickKids :: Chocolate Cookie Crusade #4

Charity. Knowing my love for cookies and my current training for this Sunday's Run to End Poverty (supporting Engineers Without Borders), a friend tipped me off about Tim Horton's $1 Smile Cookies. Thank you for giving me this wonderful idea and yet another excuse to enjoy a cookie!
 M, this post is for you =)
Someone should caption this!
 
This week, all proceeds from these cookies will be donated to the SickKids Foundation Charity. So in addition to visiting their fantastic Farmer's Market (I was incredibly pleased to hear that someone read my post and went yesterday!!) for wonderful produce, you can get a tasty cookie to show your support! What a delicious way to give back! How rare is it for an organization to give 100% of their proceeds? Good job Tim Hortons. I was not planning on including you in my Chocolate Cookie Crusade (despite the fact that you fulfil all criteria). But I'm glad I did.

Tim Hortons Smile Cookies
Verdict: Soft, chocolate-y, & warm fuzzy feelings for supporting SickKids
Meal: Cookie Run (Chocolate Cookie Crusade Series)
Price: $1
Location: Is this really necessary? Everywhere
Website: http://www.timhortons.com/ca/en/difference/smile-cookies.html





I'll be honest - I bought this cookie for the sole purpose of supporting the foundation, fully expected to not like it. Past Tim Hortons cookie runs have been hard, stale, and unsatisfying. 

Having close friends who have been treated by their amazing doctors and nurses, I know that this is an amazing organization and certainly worth supporting. 

But ... the cookie was actually pretty good! MUCH better than the average Timmy-Ho cookie. I was really lucky to get one that was fresh & still warm from oven at 10PM! Oh the joys of living in the busy downtown core.

It was soft, warm, and had chocolate chunks throughout. It's a bit on the sweet side (maybe from lots of white sugar?). I don't like icing and I felt a twinge of guilt as a pulled off the poor guy's eyes and smile...but made up for it with the silly photo collage above. This ends this Sunday - I know it will be hard, but try to get yourself to a Tim Hortons and buy a cookie for SickKids. Your taste buds and karma will thank you for it.

Another good way to give back while pleasing your tummy is St. John's Bakery. Known for tasty organic Madelines, scones, cookies, and breads, they employ those in need. Does anyone else known of other such ventures in Toronto? If so, please share!
Innocently waiting to be enjoyed

The cookie welcomes you!
I've been posting quite a bit lately. Over the next few weeks, there will be 1 review a day, and the occasional musing about what's on my plate. My fruity midnight sammies will slow down (still noshing, but variations are limited & made according to cravings...not for this this blog) but I will keep dedicating posts upon request.

Afterall, in addition to reviews and  food pr0n this is a personal journal about anything related to food. What makes me smile, what excites me, what peaks my curiousity. I am not worried about complaints (Nobody has - I've gotten nothing but thumbs ups), but a thought worth sharing. Or rather...a warning :-)


It's late. I think my midnight snack will be more of a midnight dinner. Will I post again?! Maybe.


Tim Hortons Smile Cookies
Verdict: Soft, chocolate-y, & warm fuzzy feelings for supporting SickKids
Meal: Cookie Run (Chocolate Cookie Crusade Series)
Price: $1 + tax
Location: Is this really necessary? Everywhere
Website: http://www.timhortons.com/ca/en/difference/smile-cookies.html

Tim Hortons on Urbanspoon

3 comments:

carolerae4488 said...

I'm glad you liked this cookie! I've tried one and I love them. I work there, so I was extra surprised that I liked it. 

Erin said...

:-) Are they back?

Erin said...

:-) Are they back?

Post a Comment