Eat. Travel. Blog. Repeat.

The easiest way to browse is the Food Maps

Rummage Erin's Fridge


Sunday, September 19, 2010

Sick Kid's Hospital :: Farmer's Markets


Today was a really great Sunday - and I feel like sharing some colourful pictures that make me smile. This is one of the many reasons why I love living in Toronto. This is just a silly random post :-)

Where do I get all my fresh fruit?
Besides Kensington Market, Chinatown, and St. Lawrence Market I often visit the city's summer Farmer's Markets for fresh, local produce.

Every Tuesday from 9AM-2PM, Sick Kid's Hospital Farmer's Market offers a bounty of fresh fruit, vegetables, and homemade products. I really encourage you to check out your local markets. Here's a map that I've found quite useful: Toronto's Farmer's Market Network
I love how it's organized - I have dropped by various markets around the city while running other errands.

And here are just a few shots that I've taken at past Sick Kid's Farmer's Markets. They sell all sorts of wonderful Ontario produce - corn, raspberries, peaches, nectarines, eggplants, beets, and spinach just to name a few. I'm really looking forward to Brussels sprout season!






Edamame Beans are grown in Ontario?!

Baby heirloom tomatoes - love, love, love in my salad

I love pictures of colourful produce just as much as tasty restaurant dishes.If you're in the area, why not hit the market this Tuesday?

2 comments:

Ringy said...

Those heirloom tomatoes look amazing.

Erin said...

I ate them like they were candy!

Post a Comment