Eat. Travel. Blog. Repeat.

The easiest way to browse is the Food Maps

Rummage Erin's Fridge


Monday, September 20, 2010

Poppy Balsamic Chicken :: Dinner Plate

Poppy Balsamic Chicken
Marinated chicken breasts with:
  • Balsamic vinegar
  • Lemon juice, straight from a half a leftover lemon
  • Sesame seed oil
  • Steak seasoning (...not just for steak!)
  • Garlic powder

Brown rice & beans cook during prep

Cooked with hot red peppers, organic celery, white mushrooms, and garlic - all picked up  from Kensington Market. Added a load of poppy seeds, and a bit more sesame seed oil for flavour. I always just add whatever veggies you have - the more the better! The heat from the peppers is made made this  really good. I wish I had some onions though - I'll pick some up at tomorrow's Sick Kid's Farmer's Market. I feel like baking vegetables!

Accompanied with brown rice + beans, some Korean side dishes (my aunt's squid, shrimp, hot pepper skins, and little anchovies), and one of my pre-packed salads, this made a satisfying dinner followed by baked peaches.

Yum - I forgot to take a picture but the recipe is more or less the same as my baked pears except I used nutmeg instead of cinnamon and put some rolled oats on top. Om nom nom nom...baked fruit is always a great dessert =)


Monday Dinner Plate
    The side dishes were sent to me from my aunt in South Korea! Homemade banchan = win!

    0 comments:

    Post a Comment