Eat. Travel. Blog. Repeat.

The easiest way to browse is the Food Maps

Rummage Erin's Fridge


Wednesday, September 22, 2010

Beets :: Midnight Snacks


Still no bread, didn't feel like cereal..so I turned to beets!

It's 2AM and I'm eating beets. After a dinner of schwarma, ice cream, pizza, then half a tub of strawberry yogurt & nuts with cereal (my pretend ice cream)...I don't feel like a midnight sammy. So thesis break = beets. I'm convinced that these late night 15-minute blog breaks have made me more productive.

I've been eating beets all week. I bought a whole bunch at Sick Kid's Farmer's Market then absentmindedly picked up another from Kensington Market. My fridge looked pretty ridiculous - one drawer was jammed with beets and kale with tomatoes, baby cucumbers, and carrots on top. It was like a giant salad. I roasted a load at once, and they've been great in my salad, mixed with leftovers (chicken + beets = win by the way), and now...a midnight snack. I considered drizzling it with balsamic vinegar, but I'm glad I didn't. Chilled, they're refreshing and sweet on their own!

Yah that's right. I posted about BEETS and managed to write a whole paragraph about them. And you read it. Now for some real beats.

3 comments:

Me ... said...

ha ha love the post ... though I must admit I rarely ever eat beets ... might give it a shot one day

Erin said...

LOL! They're so easy to make and keep very very well. Just bake them, wrapped in foil with some olive oil & balsamic vinegar

Erin said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

Post a Comment