Eat. Travel. Blog. Repeat.

The easiest way to browse is the Food Maps

Rummage Erin's Fridge


Thursday, July 15, 2010

Why "Cookies and Tomatoes?"

I love food - there's no question about it. I think that food is one of life's basic pleasures that everyone should explore and experience to the fullest extent. Let's canvass the streets, play in our kitchens, and stir our appetites. Afterall, food is something that we can share and love with anyone, at anytime, and anywhere. It doesn't matter if you're at a fancy restaurant, relaxing on a patio on a hot summer night, or enjoying a snack at your kitchen table.


I've always enjoyed testing recipes and hunting for interesting dishes, but it wasn't until quite recently that I've begun documenting my culinary adventures. What started as a fun little album with the occasional snapshot has become a delightful mission to show what Toronto has to offer...from both around the city and my kitchen.

This journal will simply be about food - I don't have a fancy SLR camera, witty writing skills, or any particular culinary expertise. My pictures may be fuzzy or perhaps forgotten, musings quirky, and endeavours plain but I'm excited to express this part of me with whoever stumbles by. Far from a connoisseur, I can only offer honest opinions, random thoughts, and a window into one of the many things that make me smile on a regular basis. I'm just a girl with a healthy appetite for food, good company, and laughter.

So why "Cookies and Tomatoes"? I love baking cookies. I love eating tomatoes. Enjoy!


6 comments:

Amy said...

Neat looking blog Erin! Hope we can get together for some yummy food soon. It's been a while, think that the first and last time I saw you was at Guu with Natalie and Michelle. :P

Laura T said...

Woohoo! Looking forward to following this blog. I've adored your pictures (they make me drool every time) but I would love to hear more about your thoughts on the food experience and the flavours. And of course recommendations are also cool! Places must be Erin-approved.

Alana M. said...

You don't have "witty writing skills"? Hmm...this blog begs to differ. I look forward to your quirky musings and mouth-watering photos :)

Debby said...

This sounds like the beginnings of an awesome mouth watering blog! good stuff Erin!! MmmmMmm! Food!!

Jesse said...

Your making me hungry. More more more!

Debby said...

This sounds like the beginnings of an awesome mouth watering blog! good stuff Erin!! MmmmMmm! Food!!

Post a Comment